‘Jump Straight to the Results Level’ comes from the Free Guide – ‘Are You Struggling to Demonstrate the Return On Investment You Get from Your Training Providers?’
A pragmatic solution to quickly and easily understand the impact of a learning event is to jump straight to the results level.
An appropriate amount of time will need to have elapsed so that you can measure the impact. Then send a simple email to the Learners and ask one of the questions from the level 4 evaluations shown in the other solutions in this Free Guide. This will provide an adequate overview of the impact of the learning on the business. An alternative is to call and speak to a cross section of the learners and ask them questions about the impact of the event.
- What was your behaviour before the learning event?
- What is your behaviour after the learning event?
- How much has your behaviour changed? How much is now habitual?
- Describe the impact your learning has had on your day-to- day work? And why?
- How does what you achieved compare to what you wanted to achieve?
- Can you give any examples of how the learning has impacted your work?
- If you had not engaged with the learning event, what would have been the impact?
- Did the learning event meet your objectives?
Identify a cross-section of learners and ask them about their training with an objective to understand the impact that it has made – ‘The Results Level’. Summarise the broad themes and compare the results to the investment. Make recommendations for improvements.
The above proven, simple, and effective solution is number 6 of 8 ways to evaluate training. You can download the Free Guide containing all 8 solutions below: