Optimal Learning Environment
The Best Environment to Learn
Here at MBM, we know that we do our best learning when we are in a comfortable and ideal learning environment. We like to think all workspaces should promote, and be conducive to, good learning. Learning that sticks. This is why we’ve designed and created our Optimal Learning Environment. One that allows our minds and bodies to be in the best place to learn.
Frankly, there’s nothing worse than attending a training course and feeling like you’re back in a school classroom. We’ve all been there. Sitting in rows with a deck of slides in front of us being talked at. Despite best intentions, memories of feeling disengaged in Year 9 Spanish come flooding back. The urge to withdraw is compelling, and through no fault of the trainer and their content – they’ve lost us.
In short, current training rooms do not support effective learning transfer. They are not conducive learning environments, and moreover, they prevent the learner from being their best.
Watch our Optimal Learning Environment Video
We believe learning doesn’t need to be like that. That is why all of our training courses are performed in our Our Optimal Learning Environment. To support and enable effective learning.
Watch the video below to find out more:
Our Optimal Learning Environment focusses on the needs of each individual learner. We believe learning is a full sensory experience. Furthermore, we have adapted the learning environment around scientific research and years of industry experience.
In our training classrooms you will find:
- Individual learning objectives (ILOs) tailored to the needs of each learner.
- Ambient music to support ‘deep learning’ sessions.
- Natural light.
- Comfortable sofas and cushions with clipboards – no desks!
- Fun toys to keep high learner engagement.
- Peppermint diffused into the air to help increase retention rates.
- Relevant posters to promote recall and book recommendations to reinforce learnings.
- A hydration station with fresh juice and water.
- Popcorn and fresh fruit to provide slow-release energy allowing learning throughout the day.
- No slide decks, we encourage learners to take notes using a Keepers® Template.