The New Trending ‘Car Coaching’ Product. Get Involved.
A client recently said to us, ‘I just don’t get the time to do this stuff. I don’t like using the phrase – Do as I say, not as I do, but when it comes to L&D, I have to’. His words planted a seed in our minds.
CEO’s, COO’s, etc. Executives have no time for self-development. They make time to support their reports. They sign-off huge training programs. Yet, for themselves, nothing. They cannot seem to get to it. They preach but do not do. The result is that they miss out. Car Coaching solves this. Most CEO’s travel. Sometimes long journeys. What is Car Coaching?
Simply. You are coached as you drive.
What Problem Does Car Coaching Solve for C-Suite Executives?
Why Does It Work?
We found that these people did two things in the car; Called people, and reflected. Car Coaching supports the latter.
Who Is This Product Suitable For?
In truth, Car Coaching is limited to C-Suite Executives because of the cost. This product requires an investment that excludes many junior people. The salary commanded by senior people and, more importantly, their ability to make decisions on huge changes for the business means that the ROI far outweighs the initial cost, for these people.
How Does Car Coaching Work?
An Executive has a meeting booked. Their travel time is a minimum of 1.5 hours. There are two options:
By phone –
The Coach calls the Coachee when they are in the car. The coaching session is on the phone whilst the Coachee drives. Our Coach remains at their desk.
The C-suite Executive picks our Coach up from their local train station on their way to their meeting. The Coach then coaches the coachee as they drive. If the coachee’s meeting is up to 2 hours, the Coach will then join the Coachee on their trip home, coaching them further, and then they are dropped back at the same train station.
How Do We Make Car Coaching ‘Stick’ – Achieve Real Behavioural Change?
We make the coaching session sticky using the following methods:
- The initial conversation is about how to achieve behavioural change. The Coach asks the Coachee how they prefer to learn in order to achieve the results they need.
- Each session is voice recorded for the Coachee, and they are sent access to a library of their sessions.
- Plus, the Coachee writes the actions that are agreed from the session, and they are added to the Coach’s file, which they can access later.
How Safe is Car Coaching?
Firstly, the driver/Coachee must have 15 years of driving experience, and a clean licence. Secondly, before the car is switched on, the Coach and Coachee discuss how coaching will work best for the driver before the Coaching session begins. For example, if the driver says, ‘Focus’, then the Coach stops talking and the driver focuses on the road more. Also, if the driver needs a break, then he/she says, ‘Gap’, and the Coach stops asking questions until the Coachee is ready to proceed again.
How Is this Affected by the Coronavirus?
This product is a good solution because it avoids the need for a group of people. Instead, 121 coaching is obviously a smaller group, and significantly reduces the chances of passing on a virus. Phone coaching, obviously, completely avoids the problem of potential contamination person to person.
How Much Does It Cost?
For each hour the Coach spends with the Coachee the cost is £350+vat. This assumes that our Coach can travel to the Coachee’s local station within 1 hour. We have Coach’s nationwide. Phone Coaching is £250+vat per hour.
What are the Benefits?
- The Coachee uses their ‘downtime’ to become a better version of themselves.
- Precious time in the office is not used.
- The Executive receives the same personal development opportunity as their people.
How Can I Find Out More?
This product will not be suitable for every C Executive, so please refer to the criteria below for a Coachee. Criterion is:
- Is a C-suite Executive. C-suite refers to the executive-level managers within a company. Common c-suite executives include chief executive officer (CEO), chief financial officer (CFO), chief operating officer (COO), and chief information officer (CIO).
- Leads over 100 people.
- Has a budget for Car Coaching of a minimum of £5,000.
- Is able to commit to a minimum of 5 coaching sessions within a 4-month period.
- Drives distances of over 1.5 hours regularly and has a minimum of 15 years driving with a clean licence.
- Is ‘up for it’. We use this term to describe coachees that have a desire to change their behaviours.
- Accepts that 2 cancellations/postponements are acceptable. After this, we deem ‘no interest’, and no refunds are given.
If you meet the criteria above yourself, or you are contacting us for a senior person in your company, and want to talk about this further, please complete the form below:
Hopefully, the Term ‘Sticky Learning ®’ Has Intrigued You
Whilst You Probably Also Guessed a Sense of What It Is About. In short, Sticky Learning ® is our own unique learning method. A method that we have developed to help Learners Realise more of what they have learnt. To help them be able to Recall more of what they have learnt. And Retain more of what they have learnt. Furthermore, we continually upgrade this unique training method to include further elements such as habit formation. We feel this has become a big part of helping Learners to use more of what they have learnt for longer.
Available for Virtual Delivery
Prices Start From £750, find out more:
Learning for Today’s World:
“MBM understood our challenges because they know our industry.”
“Their chain of evidence meant I understood the ROI from training.”
“They made it stick for the long term.”