Find Out About Executive Coaching:
Increase profit by negotiating better. Get more done with better time management. Identify better category opportunities with more effective Category Management. Our ‘Executive Coaching’ product is delivered by people who have worked in the UK Grocery Industry, have extensive experience of the skill that you wish to develop, and are experts in coaching.
Coaching is Offered by Lots of Companies – Why Are You Different?
Our coaching is from people who have worked in the UK Grocery Industry, either at the one of the big four supermarkets, or at a supplier to one of the big four supermarket, or both. This means that we understand the challenges that you face and that we can help you overcome those challenges.
What Does Executive Coaching Look Like?
Our extensive experience of coaching has led us to a formula that works. That said, this product is flexible and is first and foremost about identifying your challenges and working together to overcome them. There are 3 options for you:
|Face to face sessions|
(Up to 1/2 day each)
|2||3 – 4|
3 – 6
4 – 8
What Could I Be Coached to Improve?
Here are some examples from our clients:
- Category Management Skills to identify opportunities, sell those opportunities, and deliver those opportunities.
- Build a Joint Business Plan that is well thought through, role play the delivery, and win more business.
- Become a more effective Account Manager by leaping ahead using our experience.
- Understand the Category better, from the Shopper, Preparer, and Eater’s point of view.
- Lead your team more effectively to achieve your KRAs and become a better coach.
- Present more effectively by sharing a story and engaging the audience with your message much better.
- Assess your Time Management capability so that you can become a more efficient Time Manager.
What Have Coachees Previously Said?
“MBM coaching has significantly improved my professional development and has given me the skills and thought process I need to continue developing throughout my career. Darren was flexible in his approach; not telling me what I needed to do but making me think and understand how I can improve, the importance of this and how to apply it in real life situations. Be it time management, people management or professionalism. I personally feel a whole lot more confident, less frustrated and productive”, Patrick Crease, NPD Manager at Cranswick plc. Download the Corporate Coaching case study.
Matthew Churchill, Account Manager at Greencell, talks about His Personal Coaching and Category Management Consulting
Further case studies:
- Download a case study from Richard McGrath, Account Manager at AC Goatham.
- Download a case study from Ben Capper, Technical Manager at AC Goatham.
Which Tools are Used in Your Professional Coaching?
There are 5 main tools that the Executive Coach will use to help you achieve your goals:
This tool uses a questionnaire to identify how the coachee prefers to think. We use this tool because it helps the coach communicate more effectively with the coachee. Plus, it enables the coachee to better understand others, by first understanding themself better. This white paper by HBDI ® nicely explains how HBDI ® is used in our coaching.
The learning styles questionnaire helps the coachee to learn more, more quickly and more easily, by understanding how they prefer to learn. By identifying the coachee’s learning style much more can be achieved on the coaching journey.
This template essentially asks, and ‘Where are you now?’, ‘Where do you want to get to?’, for each skill/challenge that you wish to improve. By adding milestones to the PDP the coach and coachee can also identify timescales.
The GROW model is the most popular model used in coaching. The pneumonic stands for ‘Goal’, ‘Reality’, ‘Options/Obstacles’ and ‘Way forward’. Each coach is trained in this model and will use it to structure the journey and each discussion.
A competency framework is a scorecard for a skills. A one page document per skill that shows what needs to be done to achieve the highest level of that skill. It acts as a measure to help the coach and coachee to measure progress.
Do I Need Coaching?
The evidence for the power of coaching and the results achieved is extensive across the workplace. To understand more about why coaching works read ‘7 Facts that make the Case for Coaching In The Workplace‘ or download our competency frameworks and identify your current skill level.
How Do I Get Started?
If you decide to use the Executive Coaching product the next 3 steps are simple:
- Firstly, we arrange a 30 minute phone call to help you understand the skill/s that you wish to improve or the challenges that you wish to overcome.
- Secondly, we email you two questionnaires to identify your HBDI ® profile and your learning style.
- Thirdly, we then propose an MBM coach that is an expert in the skill/challenge that you wish to overcome and ideally has a similar way of thinking (HBDI ® profile) and a similar learning style.