So You Want to Be a Category Management Ninja?
Thank you for your interest in this e learning Category Management training course with MBM. The cost is £693+vat.
What Can You Expect?
This 7-week course has been designed using over 150 years of Category Management experience, by ex-nams, ex-Category managers and ex-buyers.
Each week we will email you a piece of the course to study and then complete. This Category Management online training course is, however, not for the faint-hearted. You must start each piece of coursework, and where possible, complete it in that week. If you get behind, you may struggle to catch-up.
How Will It Work?
During the 7 week course, we will walk you through our unique 73% Category Management Funnel. Each week you will tackle one layer of the funnel, see below:
Who Is This Training Course Ideal For?
In short, Category Managers. You might be a titled ‘Category Manager‘, or an Account Manager that knows one of the key responsibilities is to manage the Category. In addition, the course is useful for NPD Managers, Marketing Managers, and Supply Chain Managers. Furthermore, Sales Directors and Marketing Directors will also benefit from this training course.
This e learning training course is ideal for Suppliers to UK Supermarkets. That said, Supermarket Buyers would find this useful as well – If only to give better direction to their Suppliers.
What Experience Do I Need?
You might have worked in categories for +10 years, or be just starting out. This training course is suitable for all levels of experience.
The image below will help you to understand which level you are now (we’ll re-visit this image once you have completed this course):
- Junior Category Managers might find the course a stretch at first. However, the course will help you to understand what you don’t know. That, in turn, will help you to move along the 4 levels of the hierarchy of competence. From unconscious incompetence (I don’t know what I don’t know) to conscious incompetence (I know what I don’t know).
- Experienced Category Managers are often stuck in routines. For instance, you might be stuck on the PowerPoint treadmill. This training will help you to re-focus and to learn some advanced Category Management techniques. Furthermore, it will help you to see whether you truly are operating at the Unconscious Competence (UC) level.
e learning Category Management: What Will I Learn?
The learning objectives for this e learning Category Management training course are:
By the end of this training, you will be able to…
- Know how to identify a Category target that is simple, easy to understand & explain, and how to write the Category target in a S.M.A.R.T. way.
- Be able to bring your Shopper to life, showing the opportunities, their barriers, their motivations, and their needs.
- Understand how to turn data into insights, and then into opportunities.
- Be able to sell more of your opportunities to the Supermarket.
- Know how to increase your chances of landing your opportunities in-store.
- Understand how to measure your performance as a Category Manager and to continuously improve.
For further information, take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Category Management and our Category Management Tips YouTube Channel. Or, see how our full Category Management Training can be of help to you.