Coaching ‘Cue’ Cards are for everyone that wants to be a better coach or to start coaching.
Project Oxygen, by google, analysed thousands of people performance data. Such as appraisals. Their conclusion was that the skill that managers are worst at – Coaching, and the skill that managers need to be best at – Coaching. The cards enable you to be a coach. To use the power of coaching to help your people to improve the performance of your people. Switching from telling to coaching.
Who are the Coaching Cards for?
Whether you are managing people, beginning your coaching journey at work, a qualified coach, or you simply want to become the best version of yourself. These coaching cards provide an easily accessible way of using the GROW coaching model as a framework to get results. These coaching cue cards are for everyone. You do not have to be a qualified coach/trainer to use them.
What Do You Receive?
- 80 coaching cards. The size of playing cards.
- Separated into the 4 stages of the GROW model; Goal, Reality, Options, and Way Forward.
- 20 cards per stage.
- Each coaching card has a question relevant to that stage.
How to Use these Coaching Cards
These coaching cue cards are easy to use. Here are 7 steps:
- Book a meeting with your coachee for 30 minutes.
- At the start of your session explain to your coachee that this is a coaching session:
- They should bear with you as you learn.
- You will invite them to give you feedback at the end.
- Ask them to keep an open mind. You are learning and you’ll make mistakes.
- Start with the whole deck of +80 cards in front of you.
- Rifle through the first few cards until you reach the first ‘Goal’ coaching card, and then find the end of that stage, i.e. 19 cards later. You now have the Goal stage coaching cards in your hand. You should have 20 cards.
- Begin choosing the most appropriate questions from the Goal stage coaching cards. You do not need to ask all 20 questions, and you do not need to ask them in that order of the cards. Your aim is to help the coachee to identify their goal.
- Repeat the above for the other 3 stages; Options, Reality, and Way Forward.
- Finish the coaching session and ask for feedback.
Additional Free Resources to Help You to Be a Great Coach
Read the Ultimate Guide to Coaching Skills. We rank #1 on google.
Examples of Actual Coaching Cards
Here are examples of a coaching card from each stage:
If these coaching cards do not help you to be a better coach, tell us. Simply complete a contact us telling us why. Post them back to us and we’ll refund you.