Improve Your Youtube Channel With These 10 ‘Easy To Do’ Improvements
Based on my journey into social media over the last 3 years, I’d like to share with you my top 10 tips of how to improve your Youtube Channel by using mostly what is provided by Youtube’s latest upgrade option:
- New Version; Upgrade to the new version of Youtube because it is easier to use, easier on the eye, and has more options.
- Channel Art; Take some effort to create your channel art because it needs to ‘catch the eye’, you can add a piece to tell viewers what you wish them to do and low resolution/poor pictures/badly cropped images will say volumes about your channel.
- Custom Links; Choose your ‘Custom Links’ wisely to encourage your viewers to do what you want them to do, e.g. ‘Buy from website x. Overlay up to 4 social networks onto your channel art to encourage your viewers to like/follow/circle.
- Featured Channels; Use the ‘Featured Channels’ option to add channels that relate to your subject and ask those channels to feature your channel.
- Take advantage of the ‘Playlists’ option; This will make it easier for your viewer to see similar videos grouped, just like you have on your iPod.
- Compelling descriptions; Write a compelling description in each video encouraging your viewer to take the action that you wish, e.g. Buy from website x’.
- Invideo option; The ‘Invideo’ option enables you to easily place a small image in each video to add constant brand awareness for you.
- Use Analytics; Review the provided analytics to understand your most-watched videos, audience retention, and traffic sources to help you improve your channel.
- Complete; Complete the location, date, and tags to help the SEO effectiveness of your channel.
- Best thumbnails; Choose the best thumbnails for your video. Consider if a book had a cover showing a lion very far away in the distance Vs a book cover with a close-up of the lion’s face – Which is more ‘wow’?