Press Story: ‘Which Countries Talk About Mental Health Most & Least?’ distributed to the Press on the 12th October 2021.
Training provider MBM analysed Google trends, and the insight reveals that of the top 25 most populated countries, China, India & Indonesia almost stop talking about mental health unless it is mental health month. Whereas the States still talked about mental health even when it is not being promoted.
- Outside of China’s most popular month for mental health, which is June, they index at 15/100 for discussing mental health. An 85% reduction in mental health searches.
- Outside of India’s most popular month for mental health, which is October, they index at 18/100 for discussing mental health. An 82% decrease.
- Outside of Indonesia’s most popular month for mental health, which is July, they index at 7/100 for discussing mental health. Almost disappearing.
- Outside of the United States most popular month for mental health, which is October, they index at 72/100 for discussing mental health. Only dropping by just under a third.
- Outside of the United Kingdom’s most popular month for mental health, which is October, they index at 47/100 for discussing mental health. Dropping by just over a half.
- For most 11 of the 25 countries, October is the most popular month, which is due to World Mental Health Day on the 10th October.
- After China, India and Indonesia, it is Ethiopia, Thailand, Pakistan and Nigeria, with indexes of 28 whose mental health conversation reduces by three quarters.
Countries’ League Table
The league table below shows by country, how often ‘mental health’ is searched outside of their most popular month since January 2020.
USA ‘talks’ about mental health the most.
For example, outside of the USA’s most popular month for search ‘mental health’, which was the month of October, where the index was 100/100, this search term was entered into google on average 72/100, for the other 20 months.
Indonesia ‘talks’ about mental health the least.
For example, Indonesia’s most popular month for search ‘mental health’ was July and the index was 100/100. This search term was entered into google on average 7/100, for the other 20 months.
World Mental Health Day of the 10th October was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health.
Mental Health Coaching Cards
Most managers don’t know how to have an effective mental health conversation with a member of their team. These mental health coaching cards will help and are only £7.50: https://www.makingbusinessmatter.co.uk/product/mental-health-coaching-cards/
How We Analysed the Data
Google trends show the popularity of a search term over time. We analysed the popularity of the search term ‘mental health’ since Covid began in January 2020 for each of the most populated 25 countries in the world. This is according to worldometers.
The most popular month in google search trends is indexed with 100 and then all other months are referenced against this number, .e.g. a month showing 15, will be 85% less popular than the most popular month. For access to the analysis, please request here.
I hope these insights are helpful to your audience.